Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Santa Cruz

Santa Cruz Boardwalk

                Just to let you know, I went to Santa Cruz on July 4th.  It took about 45 min to get there because I live in Cupertino. So when we got there, there was no parking left!!! (and that is not a big surprise, so I don't even know why I put 3 exclamation points (!!!) there. And I'm just saying that the boardwalk is usually crowded) Anyway, since there was no more parking, we had to go 1.1 mile away from the boardwalk for $6 parking. The good thing was that they had a free shuttle bus that would take us back and forth. So we paid and found a good parking space. They gave us a ticket to put on the dashboard and a ticket for the bus. My family and I went into the line and waited for nearly 2 hours! It was a long line and the bus couldn't fit us all so we had to wait. Finally, my dad got fed up and he said we had to walk. So we walked, but the walk wasn't so bad because in Santa Cruz, a lot of people play music in the streets. So when we walked, we had entertainment too. I heard Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ6zr6kCPj8), Replay by IYAZ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoG5jJ3E8rg), and Firework by Katy Perry (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJuMBdaqIw). So  that was kinda interesting. Finally, we arrived at the beach! We first went to the sand and played volleyball and buried my little sis in sand. :) Then we went to see sea lions. There weren't many because they only come here Spring and Fall. I only got to see one sea lion. Anyway, we spent a long time on the boardwalk. Then we went to the games (I didn't get to do anything). I wanted to ride the gondola but my dad said it was too cold. But anyway, I got a chocolate dipped soft serve ice cream before we left. After we got out, we asked the security where to wait for the bus because after we walked, we found out how tiring it was. He said,"Well folks, the shuttle comes once every half hour. And to answer your question, the stop is next to the bowling place down there. When you get to the Boardwalk Bowl, turn right and you will get there." And so of course, we followed the instructions. We took the 6:30 bus to our parking and we drove to IKEA because we had to pick up my older sister from work at eight.

No comments:

Post a Comment